Wednesday, December 26, 2012

December 25: Christmas in Cedar-land

The last two Christmases have been pretty hard for our little family. Last year was the first without Jasper, to whom we said goodbye in June 2011 after a fight with cancer. In November of the same year, Tsuga was diagnosed with lymphoma. He made it through 2011 Christmas, but didn't last long after.

This year was the first without Tsuga - but also Cedar's very exciting first Christmas. Bittersweet, as Tsuga would have been a great mentor for Cedar. Heartbreaking that he passed away only a few weeks before she arrived in our lives.

Cedar, however, has a personality the size of a mammoth. It fills a house - and our hearts, too - and we enjoyed seeing her get completely overstimulated this Christmas morning.

Is Santa coming yet? I think I see something in the sky...nope, just a goose.



Maybe this one is for me? Ugh, what's that smell - it's the same as the bitter scent that comes out of Dad's mug in the morning. Must be coffee!

OMG sugar high, sugar high - Santa came, Santa came!


Oooo my first present, so exciting! Am I really allowed to rip the paper??


Wow I'm pretty good at ripping paper, I should add that to my list of skillz...

Toys Toys, life is all about Toys.

More toys, but I think I heard someone tell me it's not a chew toy...waiting for spring so I can chase it in the water!

Once the present opening fun was over, it was time to fold up the gift bags and recycle the paper. Cedar decided to help by bringing in the recycling bag.

See, I can be helpful when I try!

It didn't last long as she'd completely overdone herself with 3 hours straight of mayhem.

I have a present hangover. Get that camera out of my face, I'm trying to sleep here!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas, and raised a glass to all those who are sadly no longer with us this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment