Saturday, December 22, 2012

December 22: Cedar's First Christmas

We were happy to make it out to the Island in what has definitely been the snowiest winter of the past few years. It snowed so much that all the mountain passes pretty much looked the same. Nice to see trees though after being on the baldass prairie for so long!

Paulson Pass

Allison Pass
Cedar loves the snow - racing and jumping and generally being a nut. After yesterday's Winter Solstice, today should be a few minutes (seconds??) longer than yesterday. Only 6 months until the Summer Solstice and gardening (Cedar's gardening these days consists of pulling overwintering parsnip greens out of the raised beds...). There's so much dark winter cloud out here though it's hard to tell if the days are longer or not. We may not have trees on the Prairie but we do get some sun!

The Ghost of Solstice Past

What, do I have something on my face?

Hmmm, I see something moving on the snow! Can I eat it?

We finally made it to Granny's house, but not without a delay at the ferry terminal! The wild winter weather had brought high winds to the Coast, and most of the morning and early afternoon ferry sailings had been cancelled. We managed to get the 5pm boat - which left at 6.40 pm (???), and survived the choppy crossing by being down in the belly of the boat.

Granny had the house all decorated up for Cedar's first Christmas!

MMMMM - look at all the things I can GRAB!

I love decorations - especially stuffed sheep!!

Are there presents under here for me?

Which ornament shall I pull off first...so many choices, so little time...
So we're holding a Christmas lottery: on what date will Cedar pull down the Christmas tree?

It's already survived the 20 and 21 of December, so the remaining lottery dates are 22, 23, 24, 25, 26 and 27 December. Get your picks in now - grand prize is a giant sloppy kiss from Cedar!

3 comments:

  1. yo I
    I bet the 24th . If we are lucky I could get my kiss on the 27 or 28th
    love.
    sista Olive

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such lovely photos as usual and so funny.
    I bet she is a good girl and might give those ornaments a few wacks with her tail but she does not pull it down :-0
    I am an optimist though! lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well she didn't pull it down - got a lot bolder about tugging at ornaments though!

      Delete